Gray Friesian Farm is located in beautiful Fairfield County in Easton, Connecticut.
Our mission is twofold:
We train each horse and rider to the best of their given ability, realizing that horses are horses and humans are humans:
Our responsibility towards our horses and their well-being, emotionally and physically, drives us to help them where they need help, but let them be horses first and foremost. We allow them out on grass in a large herd in the warmer months, and they stay out 24/7 if they like it. Many of our horses do not even like to be in a stall. Go figure.....
Our responsibility towards our clients manifests itself by giving them the cleanest, safest and most knowledgeable environment we can. As we realize that not everyone can afford the 'perfect' horse, we help them find the best match and develop both to the best of rider's and horse's potential. We try to develop thinking and feeling riders, who are technically sound, and realize problem solving through exercises, not drills.
Our community is tight-knit and friendly. There are many things we do differently, probably originating in the European, more pragmatic background of owner Kirsten Gray, who grew up in Germany.
1) We don't have grooms. We will help you groom and get your horse tacked up until you are proficient doing this yourself. While it is part of your lesson, we believe that this time is also part of the bond, and should not be omitted.
2) Our boarders have many choices: stall board, run-in shed or complete outdoor board. Blanketing or not.....our boarders don't pay for services and facilities they don't use.
3) Full Day Turnout. Horses like to be outside because it's they natural habitat. As stall is not. Being outside keeps them sound, happy and emotionally balanced. To anyone asking why our horses are so happy and emotionally balanced I have one word: "TURNOUT". As much as possible, and as much as desired. That's why they go out between 7 and 9 a.m. and come in around 4 or 5 p.m. depending on season. Most of our horses are out 24/7 because they like it.
4) ...And most important: we are a judgement-free zone, which has miraculously eliminated any drama from the farm. We are all in this for the same reason: we love horses and want the best for them and want to have the best possible time with them. Therefore, we can put all other differences aside and support each other. Yes, it's that simple.
Please stop by, visit and become part of our farm. We hope you will love it as much as we do!
ALL BREEDS, ALL DISCIPLINES,
GRAY FRIESIAN FARM has several positions open:
1) Part Time Working Student to our 3 trainers. Work hours fit perfectly with High School schedule.
2) Afternoon Work Shift. This position assists our Barn Manager, Denise, in her duties from about 2-5 p.m. Paddock cleaning, filling waters, turn-in and dinner feeding among others.
Either position can be combined with board, lease and/or lessons. Both positions must be non-smokers, be very reliable and have own transportation.
Please email email@example.com for more info!
All lessons and training are canceled today, Friday, 2/20/15 due to the cold temps and wind chill. So far, weekend lessons are ON as scheduled! Please check back here in case of any changes.
Please contact your instructor to reschedule.
Our main concern is the well being of our horses.
(use for any of our programs)
We no longer accept groupons.
2015 SUMMER CAMP:
Register HERE or go to Kids Programs
DATES WILL BE POSTED SOON
GFF Bulletin Board
CLICK HERE to download the GFF brochure!
....on and off the property. You can ride from here to Huntingtown State Park, mainly trails.
Our new on-property trail system - including brand new cavaletti trail - is ready to be explored!
Maps available at the barn or to your phone.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT OFFER TRAIL RIDES TO THE PUBLIC - LESSON STUDENTS, LESSEES AND HORSE OWNERS, ONLY!