Gray Friesian Farm is located in beautiful Fairfield County in Easton, Connecticut.
Our mission is twofold:
Our responsibility towards our horses and their well-being, emotionally and physically, drives us to help them where they need help, but let them be horses first and foremost. We allow them out on grass in a large herd in the warmer months, and they stay out 24/7 if they like it. Many of our horses do not even like to be in a stall. Go figure.....
Our responsibility towards our clients manifests itself by giving them the cleanest, safest and most knowledgeable environment we can. As we realize that not everyone can afford the 'perfect' horse, we help them find the best match and develop both to the best of rider's and horse's potential. We try to develop thinking and feeling riders, who are technically sound, and realize problem solving through exercises, not drills.
Our community is tight-knit and friendly. There are many things we do differently, probably originating in the European, more pragmatic background of owner Kirsten Gray, who grew up in Germany.
1) We don't have grooms. We will help you groom and get your horse tacked up until you are proficient doing this yourself. While it is part of your lesson, we believe that this time is also part of the bond, and should not be omitted.
2) Our boarders have many choices: stall board, run-in shed or complete outdoor board. Blanketing or not.....our boarders don't pay for services and facilities they don't use.
3) Full Day Turnout. Horses like to be outside because it's they natural habitat. As stall is not. Being outside keeps them sound, happy and emotionally balanced. To anyone asking why our horses are so happy and emotionally balanced I say:" One word: TURNOUT". As much as possible and desired. That's why they go out between 7 and 9 a.m. and come in around 4 or 5 p.m. depending on season.
4) ...And most important: we are a judgement-free zone, which has miraculously eliminated any drama from the farm. We are all in this for the same reason: we love horses and want the best for them, and have the best possible time with them. Therefore we can put all other differences aside and support each other. Yes, it's that simple.
Please stop by, visit and become part of our farm. We hope you will love it as much as we do!
2014 SUMMER CAMP:
Register HERE or go to Kids Programs
Kids: May 20 & 27, June 3 & 10
Adults: May 22 & 29, June 5 & 12
GFF Bulletin Board
CLICK HERE to download the GFF brochure!
ALL BREEDS, ALL DISCIPLINES, ALL FUN!
FIE ANDERSON, our friend and clinican, is National Reserve Champion on her Stallion ROCAZINO in the Second Level Open Freestyle!! Watch out - you'll hear lots more about this team!! OLYMPICS?!?!?
Fie Anderson Clinic
July 21, 2014
....on and off the property. You can ride from here to Huntingtown State Park, mainly trails.
Our new on-property trail system - including brand new cavaletti trail - is ready to be explored!
Maps available at the barn or to your phone.
PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT OFFER TRAIL RIDES TO THE PUBLIC - LESSON STUDENTS, LESSEES AND HORSE OWNERS, ONLY!
before purchasing a Groupon, please be sure that you understand the following:
- 180 lb weight limit for riders
- please give at least 7 days to schedule your lesson
- scheduling can be done through the CONTACT US link
- Bring a print-out of your purchase - this is a MUST
(we have to decline service if you don't have it ;-(
- wear shoes with a slight heel.
- we have loaner helmets for you